Monday, August 20, 2012

Purple Plaid Recipe Book

After making my first recipe book and enjoying it, I decided to make another.  I thought something a little punk-girl would be fun, so I got some dark purple plaid paper and eggplant linen paper for the inner covers, and got to work.

With this book, as with most books I've made, I tried something new.  It occurred to me how odd it is in Coptic stitching to have gorgeous covers and brightly colored thread, yet leave the spine the dull blank white of the paper within.

My idea: use scrap cover paper on the ends.  I cut it into 1 inch strips, folded it, holepunched it, and worked them right into the sewing process, on the outsides of each signature.  Beautimous!  This was also the first book I made with a title page and publisher page.




This book is for sale!  Buy it on Etsy for $10 + s/h.

No comments:

Post a Comment