Monday, August 20, 2012

Dark Cherry Blossom Journal

Sakura, the Japanese word for cherry blossoms.  One of my favorite things about spring is seeing the cherry trees blossom.  Lying beneath them and watching the blossoms blow in the wind, it's easy to see why there is so much poetry on the subject.  They look great during the day, but underappreciated is how cherry blossoms look at night.  Their lovely, ethereal, almost spectral glow when lit only by moonlight is captured in this beautiful paper, and when I saw it at Blick, I knew it needed to become a book.


With this book I experimented with printing my own lined journal paper.  I used it so as not to waste it, but I wasn't very happy with it and ended up making my own lined paper in Inkscape, which incidentally is amazing for layout and publishing.  This is also the first book where I used waxed linen thread to sew it together, and I will probably never use anything else ever again.



This book is for sale!  Buy it on Etsy for $7 + s/h.

No comments:

Post a Comment