Monday, August 20, 2012

Black Crinkle Paper Softcover Journal

A lot of the books I've made up to this point have floral patterns, bright colors, pretty stitching, etc.  I'm not explicitly making them for girls, but if someone were to think so I would certainly understand.  So much like Pocky, Dr. Pepper, Pepsi and Sanrio, I decided it was time to start making some manly journals.


With this book I tried a few more things I had never tried before: I used embroidery floss for the stitching, which though strong and available in a milion colors, would not fit through my needle, tangled badly, and wouldn't maintain tension.  I also made it a softcover, which flows naturally from the long-stitch binding I used.  The cover is papered with an interesting pre-crinkled black paper, and the inside cover with a nice feather patterned paper.  This is the kind of journal you could write in at a construction site, during your 45 minute union break, inbetween making catcalls to passing women.




This book is for sale! Buy it on Etsy for $8 + s/h.

No comments:

Post a Comment