Monday, August 20, 2012

Green Argyle Journal

In most of my book projects so far, I've experimented with something new or different.  This project on the other hand, is one of my first--if not the first--where I didn't really try anything new per se, but rather tried to develop some polish.  All of the techniques I used for this book were previously developed, from my spine papers to my cover and publisher's page.


Since there isn't anything experimental, I think this is possibly my most polished, finished looking book yet.  The stitching is even and attractive, the covers are tight, the paper on the covers is nicely applied.  I'm starting to feel like I'm getting decent at this ol' Coptic stitch. :)  The green argyle paper is just beautiful, and the orange linen stitching complements it very well, I think.




This book is for sale!  Buy it on Etsy for $10 + s/h.

No comments:

Post a Comment