Friday, January 11, 2013

Botanical Ceramics NW Design Book

This is a book I made for Christmas for my girlfriend's sister, who runs a home ceramics business.  She is forever doing new, creative things with clay, and I thought she might enjoy a design book to sketch new ideas in.  This book was built a lot like my last book, but of course is a completely different style.


The sparkly purple front cover (which, after taking these photos, I added the Botanical Ceramics logo in silhouette to) is made from one of my favorite book cover materials, a gift bag.  I also added some punk girl ribbon to spice it up a bit.


The back cover is the same material but no logo or ribbon.



The sewing is heavyweight hemp cord...


And the inside cover is an eggplant colored linen paper.  The drawing paper is again 80 lb. drawing paper cut to 18x12 and folded in half.

No comments:

Post a Comment